The Chess Library
Recent changes and additions:
- 10/20/2012 Posted new Minev column (Mini-Lesson 25: Blunders With Two
Open Files in the Center) and a new article (The English Opening Central
Gambit A23). One new Minev book (Chigorin-Janowski: Fifty Great Short
Games) and one re-issued book (Caro-Kann: Fantasy Variation) have also
been made available at Lulu.com.
- 5/27/2012 Posted a new Minev column (Mini-Lesson 24: French Defense –
Exchange Variation: The Potential of c2-c4). Also posted 18 new or revised
crosstables. See today's blog entry for details.
- 11/12/2011 I have some new Minev articles and columns but will be unable
to post anything new until late January 2012. Until then, Minev books will
also no longer be for sale (but they can still be purchased at The Chess
Library storefront at Lulu.com
- 9/11/2011 Posted a new Minev column (Mini-Lesson 23: Fresh Mini-Stories
more change history...
The Chess Library is focused on chess and chess history. The
current major areas of content are:
How Can You Help?
If you like what you see here and think it is worth supporting, here are ways you
can assist in the effort:
- Report errors - Help with quality control - if you see an error in any
information posted here, send me an email to let me know
- Contribute material - If you have crosstables in electronic format of an
event that is not posted here, contribute it for posting. (Use my
tournament entry template or team match entry template for a standard
- Make a purchase - Purchase one of the books published by The Chess
- Make a micro-donation - Use the PayPal link to make a small donation to
help cover the costs associated with maintaining this site. Any amount is
- Pass the word - Tell other people that the web site exists and the content
- Give us a link - If you have control of a chess related web site, post a link
to this site, so that others may learn of its existence.
|PayPal donations to
help w/site expenses
For the latest news on current work, upcoming developments and discussion
of Site content, follow this link to the Chess Library blog.